Fire Destroys Family Home in Medford
A Fire raged through a home early one September morning destroying a good portion of the home and just about all the roof and attic have been deemed a total loss. At this point we are in full swing of the rebuild.
SERVPRO of Medford/Ashland was recently called to facilitate the damaged area clean-up and rebuild the house to new condition. The homeowner was very grateful that our company helped guide them through this tough time in their lives.
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within a fire damaged home, causing hidden problem areas and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and Soot Facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke – wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Medford/Ashland will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Generally Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by Evaporation of Material Rather Than From a Fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage? Call Us Today –541-773-3740